The demand for glucosamine as a dietary supplement has increased remarkably in the past 15 years, which largely due to its anti-inflammatory properties. However, in past 5-6 years, the demand for vegetarian glucosamine has gone up due to its quality and effectiveness.
Importance of D-glucosamine HCl powder
Glucosamine is one the essential biomolecules synthesized within the body and plays a crucial role in joint tissue synthesis. In association with chondroitin, it helps in synthesizing the synovial fluid that is important for the lubrication of the joints.
In kids and young adults, glucosamine is synthesized sufficiently within the body. However, in the case of athletes who suffer from fractures and injuries often, glucosamine has to be taken as a dietary supplement to speed up the healing rate. Cartilage damage has become a common problem today and many suffer from osteoarthritis, rheumatic arthritis, and other cartilage inflammation disorders irrespective of their ages. Therefore, glucosamine should be used as a dietary supplement to keep the bones and cartilage free from inflammation. Apart from this, glucosamine also exhibits chondroprotective effect, i.e., it prevents chondrocytes from undergoing apoptosis.
Glucosamine is a crucial biomolecule in dogs too; its prime functions include shock absorption and lubrication. Glucosamine is the key component of the valves in the heart and mucous membranes of the digestive glands in dogs. Along with this, glucosamine also promotes the production of hyaluronic acid in dogs. This component plays a critical role in preventing psoriasis and other severe skin disorders.
Glucosamine manufacturers in the market
Glucosamine products from different sources are available in the market today. Majority of the glucosamine products are derived from shellfishes. But vegetarian glucosamine, which is becoming a trend of late, is the best option for those who follow vegan and vegetarian lifestyles, individuals suffering from asthma and lastly, for those who suffer from shellfish allergies. There are three top vegetarian glucosamine manufacturers around the world who produce glucosamine powder in sulfate and chloride forms.
Veggiemin Vegetarian Glucosamine HCl from Biomolekule
Veggiemin vegetarian glucosamine HCl powder from Biomolekule is derived from fermented corn.
This could be an ideal replacement for shellfish glucosamine, as the former is a lot safe and non-allergic than the latter. As the corn processed during the fermentation will not have the DNA content from the corn, it can be consumed by those who are allergic to corn too.
Biomolekule is a popular brand in Asian countries and it is a research technology unit of Bionova Malaysia.
Biomolekule employs bacteria from selected strains for corn fermentation. The fermented product is thoroughly purified and processed to get the high-quality D-glucosamine hydrochloride.
Reasons to opt for Veggiemin glucosamine HCl powder:
- Veggiemin strongly supports cartilage and joint health. It also triggers the synthesis of the nutrients that maintain the lubrication in the joints.
- Veggiemin glucosamine powder is delivered in its chloride firm which is more concentrated form when compared to sulfate form.
- This is an ideal product for those who follow vegetarian, vegan and kosher diet.
- It is the best substitute for animal-derived glucosamine.
- Veggiemin glucosamine HCl powder meets the quality standards and monograph specifications of the U.S.P.
- This product is produced under Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) program.
- Veggiemin glucosamine HCl powder is healthy, environment-friendly and highly effective when compared to glucosamine derived from other sources.
Veggiemin glucosamine HCl is one of the top supplements for managing arthritis and other inflammatory disorders with right diet and lifestyle practices in most of the Asian countries.
Regenasure vegetarian glucosamine powder from Kala health
Regenasure glucosamine hydrochloride from Kala Health is 100% vegetarian and is marketed with Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) status in the USA market. The product is said to be 98% pure without any contaminants or heavy metals. Regenasure glucosamine HCl is produced in the USA only. The product is manufactured through a patented fermentation technology that uses a vegetable source, grown locally.
Regenasure is a brand from Kala Health, which is into research and development of safe and effective nutritional supplements for humans and animals. Kala Health is said to follow stringent raw material standards in order to deliver high-quality products to its customers. The major reasons to opt for Regenasure vegetarian glucosamine include:
- Regenasure is produced in accordance with GMP and HACCP practices.
- Regenasure has GRAS status, which makes it an effective and safe dietary supplement.
- The product is delivered in its hydrochloride form, which is said to be the most concentrated and effective form when compared to the sulfate form.
- Regenasure uses high-quality ingredients, which assures positive results and makes the product free of heavy metals and contaminants.
Note: Regenasure is a licensed trademark of the Cargill, Inc.
NutraBio Vegan Glucosamine Sulfate powder
Vegan glucosamine powder from NutraBio, a US-based health-supplement brand, is delivered in its sulfate form. The product is backed by a good number of satisfied customers. Just like other vegan glucosamine products, NutraBio glucosamine is hypoallergenic, GMO-free, and free of animal and dairy products. Reasons why NutraBio vegan glucosamine should be your choice are:
- NutraBio glucosamine comes in sulfate form which is easily absorbed by the cells within the body. Faster absorption assures faster pain alleviation and healing.
- This product is OU Kosher-certified.
- NutraBio vegan glucosamine is lactose and gluten-free and therefore can be consumed by those who are lactose-intolerant and gluten-intolerant.
- This product is free of chemical additives and harmful stabilizers.
It is high time for the consumers to switch to vegetarian glucosamine products which have least limitations when compared to the conventional glucosamine products that are derived from the animal sources.
The main reason for switching would be the source quality. Shell-fish derived glucosamine’s quality has become highly questionable in recent years. The demand for glucosamine is increasing rapidly; one study reports that the demand has gone up to 5000 tons per year. This demand has led to the sourcing of poor quality raw materials that do not meet the standards. These raw materials are also reported to have huge quantities of contaminants and heavy metals. All these will reflect in the end product. Therefore, it is important to research for high-quality vegetarian glucosamine product that will be free from heavy metals, contaminants and ideal for everyone’s consumption.