Know About Smoker’s Cough?
The notorious smokers cough is not some normal coughing problem that occurs when you are suffering from chest cold. This is a persistent coughing problem that doesn’t leave you for weeks or months. No matter how much you cough, there won’t be any cough drop and syrups that can give you relief from the disease.
Earlier, smokers cough was associated with the symptoms of a heavy smoker where there is no goop while coughing. But, in later stage when the smoker’s cough aggravates, there will be a discharge of phlegm every time the patient cough. The cough can be clear or have yellow or green color. This discharge generally happens at the morning time when you wake up.
Cause of Smoker’s Cough?
Our lungs have a hair like structures known as “Cilia”. This sub organ of lungs helps the body to remove toxins from the lungs. With years of smoking, the cilia gets paralyzed and doesn’t able to do their job. This results into the deposition of toxins in your respiratory system. Your body does the coughing which is a natural way of the body trying to remove toxins from the lungs.
How to Get Rid of Smoker’s Cough?
If you are suffering from smoker’s cough, don’t panic as it’s a natural sign that your body is trying to get rid of toxins by itself. Our body is designed to fight the toxins and heal the damaged organs on daily basis. If we don’t listen to our body or suppress the process, it will aggravate the disease and harm your body.
If you are a chain smoker and suffering from Smoker’s Cough, then the first step is to quit smoking immediately. It will take some time to get rid of smoker’s cough completely. There are things you need to do on everyday basis to feel better while your body removes the toxins deposited in respiratory system.
- Stay Hydrated: Drinking lots of water is the best way to hydrate throat and respiratory tracks while suffering from smoker’s cough. Water also helps your body to remove toxins easily. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water daily to remove mucus that gets deposited in your throat and lungs.
- Gargles: Fomenting with warm salt water will help comfort irritated throat and kill mouth bacteria that aggravates smoker’s cough.
- Honey Lemon Tea: Drinking honey lemon tea will help you feel good and it removes the bitter taste of mucus from mouth.
- Suck Throat Lozenges: Go for Vitamin C Lozenges that you need to suck throughout the day to reduce throat irritation and give boost to immune system to fight smoker’s cough. Also, a powerful throat lozenges will help you get rid of dryness and inflammation in the throat.
- Eucalyptus Vapor: Take steam twice a day which is infused with Eucalyptus oil or fresh mint leaves. This is the best way to heal your lungs from inside and get rid of mucus easily. If you are suffering from advance smoker’s cough, do this twice or thrice as day to have faster results.
- Healthy Diet and Exercise: Your body needs lot of nutrition to fight any disease. When the toxins get stuck in your lungs, your body tries to remove it by coughing. Help your body by providing nutrition with good food. Also, you need to practice certain exercise that will heal your lungs and make them stronger.
- Sleep with Elevated Head: While going to sleep, prop your head on two pillows that will reduce your coughing. Also, this way you will be able to breathe easily. Make sure your posture is right or you might suffer from back or neck pain.
The best way to get rid of smoker’s cough is get away from the smoke. Remember, to have a healthy lungs you need to live a good lifestyle and boost your immune system with healthy eating and living habits which does not include smoking at any stage of life.
Try using any of the herbal cough syrup. Herbal cough syrup will keep your health treated naturally, with no side effects on prolong usage.