Our body produces a certain amount of essential nutrients to function properly, but there are some essential nutrients which cannot synthesize on its own. To create the adequate amount of nutrients, one must consume a healthy diet, which should comprise of all the essential nutrients. Basically, our body needs carbohydrate, fat, protein, vitamins, minerals and water to be healthy. Below is the detail information on these essential nutrients and how you could comprise them in your daily diet.
Guide for Healthier Body:
- Carbohydrates: The energy our brain requires to function properly gets through Carbohydrates. You can get carbohydrates from fruits, starchy vegetables, breads and sugar. But, the best way to consume carbs is by eating a whole grain diet. Fruits and whole grains contain lots of fiber, which reduces the fat deposition in the heart and maintain the glucose level in blood.
- Protein: Major structural development of building of cells and repair in the body is done thorough Protein. When you eat protein rich diet, it breaks down into amino acids, which are like building blocks of protein. Consuming lean protein diet like low fat meat, fat free dairy products, beans and eggs can give you the adequate amount of protein for stronger body.
- Vitamins: Among all the Vitamins, the one nutrient which our body needs to create structure of blood vessels, ligaments and bones is Vitamin C. The best source of Vitamin C is through citrus fruits and vegetables. By consuming orange, strawberries, pineapple, green apple, lime and pepper, you give your body a healthy dose of Vitamin C. A compound known as Folate is found in Vitamin C rich food which prevents birth defects in pregnant women. This is why many physicians advise pregnant women to consume folic acid supplements. Vitamin D is another nutrient you require to maintain the calcium level in the body. Adapt a healthy diet and go out under the sun in early morning for at least 30 minutes to an hour to let your body absorbs a good amount of Vitamin D from the sun.
- Minerals: A balance dose of Sodium maintains the fluid level around the cells in the body and helps them to function properly. But, it’s advisable to keep sodium consumption under 2,400 milligrams per day. A healthy sodium rich diet can prevent excessive rise of blood pressure. Include bananas, tomatoes and potato in your daily diet to give your body a good dose of natural minerals. Also consuming milk products will give you calcium for building stronger bones and teeth’s.
- Fat: Though consider as an unhealthy compound, fat is necessary in your body to increase fat-soluble vitamins like vitamin A, D, K and E. Instead of going for a fatty food, choose Omega-3 fat rich foods like walnuts, fish, and vegetable based oils. Omega-3s help body developments and growth by absorbing necessary vitamins. Limit the consumption of saturated fats and replace by eating nuts, seeds and avocado which contains high amount of unsaturated fats.
- Water: Lastly, a simple thing which contains no calories and can give maximum benefit to your body – Water. One should drink at least 2 to 3 liters of fluid on a daily basis. Water helps to remove all the waste from your body. By eating high moisture foods like soup or fruits containing water like watermelon can fill your daily water requirement. If you are confused on how much water your body needs, then drinks 35 milliliters of fluid per kilogram of your body weight.
A healthy diet gives energy, maintain body weight, boost up your mood and make you look good every day. Moreover, it gives you a huge support at every stage of your life. By committing to a healthy diet, you help yourself to look good and enjoy life to its best.